The Story of Stephens Valley
The vision of the Stephens family and our developers, centers on preserving the natural beauty of the surrounding forests and giving others an opportunity to enjoy them.
Making work clothes and supporting the city’s early music scene by being one of the first advertisers on The Grand Old Opry radio show. Five years later, during the height of the Great Depression, the family bought 900+ acres of land that straddles Davidson and Williamson counties and is now called Stephens Valley.
From its earlier role as a humble pig farm, the valley was carefully cultivated and became home to a bustling breeding business for fine Angus cattle, sheep and other livestock. When Bill Stephens inherited the farm from his parents, he diversified its operations into fields of row crops and hay, which you can still see growing today.
Bill’s vision for the valley was primarily to serve as a philanthropic funding resource for him to give back to the Middle Tennessee community by helping enrich the non-profit foundation he started. Even after his death a few years ago, his wife Neika still lives at Stephens Valley in the beautiful home built in 1936. Neika and the developers of Stephens Valley are committed to Bill’s wish to preserve the undeveloped, forested areas of the land.
Learn More And Become a Part of Stephens Valley
OUR BUILDING PARTNERS