August 1st is National Mustard Day, so we thought we’d share an easy peasy Mustard Sauce recipe that pairs perfectly with garlic-roasted brussel sprouts. It’s so good that one bite will turn your pickiest eater into a number one fan!
This recipe serves six people and takes twenty minutes total to prepare.
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds of fresh, halved brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon of white pepper
- A dash of salt
- Place your brussels sprouts in an ungreased baking pan.
- Combine your oil and your garlic and drizzle them over the sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Bake your brussels uncovered at 450 degrees until tender, stirring occasionally. This should take no longer than 10 – 15 minutes.
- While your brussels bake, combine the cream, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil until slightly thickened, which should take no longer than 1 – 2 minutes.
- Spoon over your brussel sprouts and serve.
3/4 cup: 167 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.